Tuesday 17 April 2012

Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt from it to the full product?


Through out the duration of the Media course i have learnt a variety of different technique's with different equipment and i have also built on previous thing's learnt at GCSE in the creative and media diploma. By doing this it has allowed me to improve at certain thing's, such as using the gib has been improved as i now feel a lot more confident with using them. I have also learnt a lot of different thing's to do with the Media itself. Thing's like how thriller's were brought into the media in the first place, like alfred hitchcock's movie "psycho!" showed me different ways in which a thriller should be shot and brought across to the public's eye. It taught me how i could then go onto film my own thriller movie and be made to look effective. I have also built on my learning of a way in which a shot or camera angle can be used to build up suspense in a film and can create tension upon an object or person. Technique's such as these are very helpful for when it comes down to filming the final piece it allowed me to know what is good. Where as if i didn't know how to put all of these different shots and angles into my media product it would of made it a lot more dull and not as exciting for the viewers. During the period of the course i have also learnt how to work different software to its full potential, such things as final cut pro and garage band have been of great use to me. They have helped out a lot when it came down to the editing of the thriller movie itself. An example of these would be the way in which it has allowed me to add sound effects into the movie and change lighting on the actual filming itself. This is good because it automatically adds suspense to the final piece. 


Here is a link to the part of my blogger where i looked at shot sizes:
http://elizabethrosedaviesasmedia.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/extreme-close-up-up-shot-long-shot-shot.html

No comments:

Post a Comment